Are you Confused by Internet Marketing?
With the advent of the Internet and Modern Technology a lot has changed in the way business owners need to reach out to both their current customers and attract new customers. There are literally thousands of different ways to market your business on the Internet. Almost all business owners are confused and frustrated with the new ways of marketing via the Internet.
Have you ever wondered why some businesses seem to thrive and be incredibly successful at marketing themselves on the Internet while others can’t even manage to get one customer to their website?
If so, you are not alone.
- Are you frustrated by the performance of your website?
- Do you have a beautifully designed website that is sitting there making no money for your business?
- Are you disillusioned by the time you’ve wasted getting nowhere on Facebook, Google, Twitter and other social media sites?
- Everyone is telling you to use video in your marketing but you’ve no idea where to start?
- You think you should send more emails but you don’t want to annoy your customers
- You know you need visitors to your website but everyone tells you different things and you’re confused about what’s best for your business
If any of the above apply to you then you’re in the right place! My passion is helping you transform your business through the effective use of Internet Marketing
Go ahead and add your details to the box on the right and I’ll send you a FREE copy of Your Internet Marketing Guide designed especially for small businesses and homepreneurs
You have designed a beautiful website and you sit there waiting for people to visit your site and contact you. The chances are you’ll be waiting a long time. Are you one of the 1 in 4 web site owners that has not optimized your site with keywords to rank higher in the search engines. You may say you have inserted keywords in your site, but are they targeted keywords? Are they really drawing visitors to your site and putting cash in your till?
What are Keywords?
Keywords are words or phrases which people type into a search engine to look for information contained in your site. The search engine spiders take those words and display the best sites that relate to that information. Depending on the popularity of the word, you may have a million or more web sites to choose from. One of the factors Google uses in where to rank your site is relevancy to the search terms. Your site must have keywords that match the search terms. This is how your site is seen as relevant. Ranking is all done by computers not by individuals looking at each site. That would be impossible!
How to Find the Best Keywords for your site
If your keywords are not tightly targeted to your site, you will reduce your chances of being highly ranked in the search engines.
Here’s what to do:
Take a look at your website. Decide what is the focus of each page. Jot down what you think people would search for if they were looking for information contained on the webpage.
and whilst there click on the audio below as I explain how to use the tool to find keyword ideas for your website.
Find Keywords with Google Keyword Tool by Anne Perez
Placing keywords strategically throughout your web pages will greatly improve your rankings in the search engines. Many sites, however, leave them out altogether so your site won’t get ranked at all. A word of warning. When placing keywords in your webpages make sure they appear natural. You don’t want the page or site to look as though keywords have been placed there deliberately to get ranking. Inserting too many keywords or repeating them too often will result in your site being banned from the search engines.
For more tips and strategies on optimising your site go ahead and write your details in the box on the right.
You’ve decided to set up a website or blog to share your message with the world. As outlined in the previous post one of the first things you need to decide upon is a domain name. Defined as:
‘A domain name is the unique URL or address of a particular website that distinguishes itself from every other website on the World Wide Web.’
It is becoming increasingly difficult to choose a compelling domain name because so many domain names have been registered now. However,spending a little time, doing some research and using some free tools will help you create the best name for your website. Let’s look at the process of choosing a suitable domain name in more detail.
Things to consider when choosing a suitable domain name (in no particular order)
- The shorter the better A domain name can range in length from 1 – 67 characters.However, you want to think of it in terms of people typing in the name on their keyboard. The fewer keystrokes the better!
- Try to avoid using acronyms, dashes or other symbols. Simply because they are harder to remember and you want potential customers to find your website as easily as possible.
- Be very careful not to register domain names that include trademarked names. Even including another company’s name within your domain name could be conceived as misrepresentation. Facebook, for example frown upon their name being used in any other domain name than their own.
- Be careful that the meaning of the words used cannot be misconstrued. Get a second opinion
- Keep it simple. Again make it easy for your customer to find your site Read More…
First Steps to Building an Internet Presence
When I first realized that internet marketing was the future to growing my business I realized that I would have to get studying. I didn’t know anyone who could tell me the exact steps I needed to take in order to use the internet successfully in my business.
Through trial and error however, I discovered how best to use the Internet. It was a steep learning curve and on more than one occasion I wanted to throw my laptop out of the window and forget the whole thing! I persevered though, and started to generate a lot of visitors to my business via my website and other internet activities. In fact, I was asked many times how I managed to be so visible online and attract so many customers to my business.
The following are the first steps you’ll need to take to start using the internet to attract more customers to your business.
1. Create a blog/website
- A domain name (the name of your website)
I personally register all my websites at GoDaddy. Reasonably priced and good customer service. They will present you with a lot off offers but all you need is a dotcom domain name and that’s it. I suggest dotcom since it is still the extension that most potential buyers are familiar with when searching on the internet for products and services.
For more help in choosing a suitable domain name click here
Once you have the name for your website (domain name) you’ll need a place to store your website. A computer for it to sit on. This is known as your host. I use two in my business:Bluehost and Hostgator. Both good and I highly recommend. Read More…